Giving to SHRS
The University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (SHRS) was established in 1969 and is recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in the field of rehabilitation and disabilities studies. The School serves its students, disabilities communities and individuals seeking cutting-edge approaches to today’s and tomorrow’s health sciences challenges. Its focus, through various research, education and training efforts, includes supporting children and adults with disabilities, seniors with limited functionality, persons requiring rehabilitation and therapy, and our brothers and sisters who have served or are serving in the military.
Some 110 full-time faculty and researchers and 58 staff support over 1,200 students and $20 million in on-going research funding. As an academic and scholarly institution, we provide exceptional research and outreach opportunities for our students and faculty benefiting people of all ages with disabilities. Over the past decade, we have specifically identified, addressed and enhanced services and programs through research and outreach to benefit:
• Persons requiring rehabilitation following injury, illness or disease state including stroke, arthritis, back pain, joint replacement or repair
• Persons with disabilities or physical limitations
• Men and women in the military and war veterans requiring expert human performance training, assistive devices and transition services leading to career development
• Underserved international populations with disabilities and disabling diseases and medical conditions
Generous gifts from alumni and friends have provided valuable support for our students, faculty, research initiatives and facilities. Contributions enable SHRS to address some of its greatest needs such as:
1. Supporting students through need and merit based scholarships and awards
2. Recruiting and retaining renown faculty and researchers
3. Enhancing innovative research to benefit people with temporary and permanent disabilities, domestically and internationally
Your participation as a donor to SHRS is crucial in our fulfilling these needs. By directing your gift to an area, department, program, center or initiative that is most meaningful to you, you are advancing our work and enabling the school to attract the most promising students to the University of Pittsburgh. We offer a variety of ways to submit your gift to SHRS. If you have questions about any of the following giving options, email Patty Kummick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 412-383-6548.
Click here to give securely online.
To make a gift by mail via check (payable to the University of Pittsburgh) or credit card, complete the pledge card, enclose it with your check and mail to:
University of Pittsburgh
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
4031 Forbes Tower
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
To designate your gift in support of a particular department, program, center or initiative, please specify this on the memo line of the check.
You can also make your gift by phone using your credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express). To make a credit card gift or a pledge by phone, call Patty Kummick at 412-383-6548.
To make a gift of appreciated securities such as stocks or mutual funds, transfer instructions may be found at Securities Information.
Other Giving Options
One of our many other giving options may be of interest including:
• Life insurance
• Life income gifts
• Real estate