The University of Pittsburgh accepts TOEFL or IELTS test scores to verify English Language Proficiency.
Minimum TOEFL scores accepted* are:
• 80 on the internet based test
• 550 on the paper based test
TOEFL scores must be sent electronically through ETS to institution code 2927.
The minimum IELTS score accepted* is Band 6.5
IELTS scores must be mailed to the address below:
SHRS Admissions Office
4020 Forbes Tower
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
IELTS score reports must be submitted in the original sealed envelope to be considered official.
*Minimum scores required for the PhD Program in Rehabilitation Science are 100 on the TOEFL ibt, 600 on the TOEFL pbt, or Band 7.0 on the IELTS (reading and writing modules).
Verification of English Language Proficiency is required unless the following apply:
• The applicant is a citizen of a country whose official language is English
• The applicant has completed a degree at a regionally accredited institution in the U.S.
• The applicant is not a citizen of a country whose official language is English but has completed a degree program at an institution outside of the U.S. where the language of instruction is English and where the official national language of the country in which the institution is located is English