- Evaluation of student learning and progress
- Didactic and clinical curricular revisions and development
- Updating and revision of learning objectives, written exams, and student evaluation methods
- Participation in all aspects of student education, curricular redesign, and maintenance of program accreditation
- Teaching History Taking and Physical Examination I, History Taking and Physical Examination II, Genetic and Molecular Mechanisms of Health and Disease, and Pathophysiology
- Team-teaching of Physiology, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures in Medicine, and Clinical Medicine
- Academic advisor
MEDEDU 2190: Teaching Across Teams, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 2013
Doctor of Health Education student, A.T. Still University, Kirksville, MO, 2012 - Present
Master of Physician Assistant Sciences, Saint Francis University, Loretto, PA, 2005
Bachelor of Science in Health Science, St. Francis University, Loretto, PA, 2004
Alumni Inductee to Pi Alpha National Honor Society for Physician Assistants, 2011
Recipient, Department of Physician Assistant Sciences Academic Achievement Award, Saint Francis University, 2005
Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Saint Francis University, 2004
Certification and Licensure
- 2011-Present - State Board of Medicine Volunteer License: 002263
- 2007-Present - Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- 2005-Present - National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. Certification Number: 1013206.
- 2005-Present - State Board of Medicine License: MA052119
- 2004-Present - Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- 2003-Present- Basic Life Support (Healthcare Provider)
Poster Presentation: "Usability Study of VISYTER System for Remote Assessment of PA Students Conducting the Objective Sctructured Clinical Examination." Presented with Emily Murphy, MPAS, PA-C and Mary Allias, MPAS, PA-C. Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Education Forum, New Orleans, LA, November 4-5, 2011.
Poster Presentation: "Resuscitation Research Requirements for Prospective Informed Consent: Clinical Implications.” Presented with Mitch Kampmeyer, PA-S. Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual Conference, Harrisburg, PA, October 27 to 30, 2010.
- Guest Lecturer, "Gastrointestinal" and "Genitourinary/Renal." For Emergency Medicine Course EM1169; Critical Care Transport, January, 2013.
- Guest Lecturer, Center for Emergency Medicine of Western Pennsylvania, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA. November, 2011: "GI Management and Critical Care Transport Considerations" for University of Maryland, Baltimore County Critical Care Emergency Transport Program.
- Educational Session Moderator, Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Education Forum, November, 2011.
- Guest lecturer, "Endocrine, Epileptic, and Urinary Tract Disorders" for Rehabilitation Science and Technology Course HRS 2715: Medical Aspects of Disability.
- Reviewer, Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Student Writing Competition, 2010 to Present
- Presentation on Disabilities and Assistive Technology, Merit Badge Academy, Boy Scouts of America, Greater Pittsburgh Council
- Big Brother, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Afterschool Program Volunteer, The Gloria Gates Memorial Foundation, Altoona, PA
- Presentation of Gastrointestinal Complications of Stroke, Altoona Regional Health System, Primary Stroke Center: Stroke Support Group, Altoona, PA, September, 2008.
- Volunteer Family Medicine Physician Assistant, Catholic Charities Free Health Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Primary Care Physician Assistant, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA
- Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant, Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona, PA
Professional Organization Membership
- Physician Assistant Education Association
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants