Assistant Professor, Physician Assistant Studies
- Teaching Health Policy
- Teaching Patient Education and Counseling
- Teaching Health Issues Across the Lifespan
- Team-teaching of Clinical Medicine
- Academic advisor
- Master of Physician Assistant Sciences, Saint Francis University, Loretto, PA, 2002
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science, Saint Francis University, Loretto, PA, 2001
Certification and Licensure
- 2002-Present, National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants
- 2002-Present, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State Board of Medicine License
- 2000-Present, Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
- 2002-Present, Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor
- 2000-Present, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
Textbook Review: Kauffman, M. History and Physical Examination: A Common Sense Approach. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2014: selected chapters.
Poster Presentation: "Usability Study of VISYTER System for Remote Assessment of PA Students Conducting the Objective Structured Clinical Examination." Presented with Emily Murphy, MPAS, PA-C and David Beck, MPAS, PA-C. Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Education Forum, New Orleans, LA, November 4-5, 2011.
Physician Assistant Education Association, Basic Skills Faculty Development Workshop Participant, Orlando, FL, March 24-25, 2011.
- Student Advisory Committee, Chair. University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Program
- Research Committee, Chair. University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Program
- Curriculum Committee. University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Program
- Admissions Committee. University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Program
Professional Organization Membership
- Physician Assistant Education Association
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Fellow Member
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants
- Guest Lecturer, Emergency Pharmacology, Citizens Ambulance Service Paramedic Program, 2011.
- Presentation, Overview of the PA Profession, Health Assistant Students of Lawrence County Career and Technical Center, University of Pittsburgh, May 2011.
Mary Carcella Allias, MPAS, PA-C, is a graduate of Saint Francis University, receiving her B.S. in Health Science in 2001 and her Master of Physician Assistant Sciences in 2002. She has held clinical appointments in Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine.
In addition, Ms Allias has served as a clinical preceptor for Physician Assistant Students in the disciplines of Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. She also has experience as a pre-hospital educator.