Required credits/degrees: Bachelor's degree
Required Quality Point Average (QPA): 3.0
Other admission criteria: The applicant must demonstrate knowledge of rehabilitation science and technology through volunteer or work experience.
Provisional special status may be granted to students who do not meet all of the prerequisite requirements if other supporting evidence is provided.
- Statistics - 3 cr.
- English Composition - 3 cr.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology - 3 cr.
- College Physics - 3 cr.
* Prerequisite waivers are permitted, pending applicants can demonstrate proof of equivalent knowledge/experience. Please check Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for suggestions on how to meet the prerequisites.
All applicants must:
- Complete the SHRS ApplyYourself online application;
- Submit the application fee of $50 (U.S.);
- Submit an essay-a description of educational and long-term professional goals;
- Submit three letters of reference, preferably from individuals who have instructed you in academic settings and/or supervised research activities. These letters should address the applicant's academic, professional, and personal attributes and potential for meaningful graduate study;
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended;
- Additional requirements for international applicants.
Note: Application can be submitted when course requirements are in progress.
Please note this program requires that you complete clinical internships at facilities external to the University, and such facilities will or may require a criminal background check, an Act 33/34 clearance, and perhaps a drug screen to determine whether you are qualified to participate in the clinical internships. Additionally, in order to become licensed, many states will inquire as to whether the applicant has been convicted of a misdemeanor, a felony, or a felonious or illegal act associated with alcohol and/or substance abuse.