Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any field and the following prerequisites or their equivalents in order to be eligible to apply:
- Physiology, 4 credits
- Introduction to Nutrition, 3 credits
For admission to full, unrestricted status, the applicant must have completed an undergraduate degree program with an overall quality point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better (based on a 4.0 scale).
An applicant with a GPA of less than 3.0 in overall undergraduate and professional programs but with favorable professional credentials may be admitted on provisional status upon recommendation of the admissions committee.
Application Deadline: March 15.
All applicants must:
- Complete the SHRS ApplyYourself online application;
- Submit the application fee of $50 (U.S.);
- Submit an essay—a description of professional and educational goals that are realistically attainable during enrollment in the graduate program;
- Submit three letters of reference, preferably from individuals who have instructed you in academic settings and/or supervised research activities. These letters should address the applicant’s academic, professional and personal attributes and potential for meaningful graduate study;
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended;
- International Applicants are required to submit an Academic Credential Evaluation. View more information.
- A visit to the school for an interview may be required if requested by the Admissions Committee.
Note: Application can be submitted when course requirements are in progress.