- PhD, Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
- MS, Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
- BS, Computer Sciences, Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
For more detailed information about my research and to download papers or software, please go to the Health and Rehabilitation Informatics website: http://him1.shrs.pitt.edu/HOME.aspx
- Telehealth. Our research focuses on developing software platforms that can be used to deliver various health care services, education, and the facilitation of research collaboration over distance.
- Health Information and Data Mining. The primary thrust of this research is developing methods to combine advanced technology and health information to improve the health outcome of the community.
- Accessibility of the Web and Health Information Technology
Bambang Parmanto is Professor of health information management and biomedical informatics at the University of Pittsburgh. His has worked in the fields of telehealth, health information and data mining, and accessibility of the Web. He leads the Health and Rehabilitation Informatics (HARI) research group within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. He is the past chair of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Research Committee. He is the recipient of the 2010 AHIMA TRIUMPH Research Award. His research has been funded by various agencies, including the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR), National Telecommunication and Information Administration (NTIA), State of Pennsylvania, State of Maryland, Microsoft Research, Department of Defense, and by Veterans Administration.
- Parmanto, B., Pulantara, W., Schutte, J., Saptono, A., McCue, M. (2012). "An Integrated Telehealth System for Remote Administration of an Adult Autism Assessment," Telemedicine and e-Health (in press).
- Yu, D. & Parmanto, B. (2011). "U.S. State Government Websites Demonstrate Better in Terms of Accessibility Compared to Federal Government and Commercial Websites," Government Information Quarterly, 28(4); 484-490.
- Parmanto, B. and Hackett, S. (2010). “A Case Study Examination of the Impact of Lawsuits on Website Accessibility,” Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, early online: http://informahealthcare.com/doi/full/10.3109/17483107.2010.512971
- Parmanto, B., Saptono, A., Pramana, G., Pulantara, W., Schein, R., Schmeler, M., McCue, M., Bienza, D. (2010). “VISYTER: Versatile and Integrated System for Telerehab,” Telemedicine and e-Health. Nov 2010; 16(9):1-6.
- Pancoska, P., Buch, S., Cecchetti, A., Parmanto, B., Vecchio, M., Groark, S., Paulsen, S., Bardwell, G., Morton, C., Chester, A., Branch, R. A. (2009). “Family and Social Networks with Obesity and Diabetes Type II in Rural Appalachia,” Clinical Translational Science. Volume 2, Issue 6, 413-421.
- Parmanto, B., Saptono, A., Murthi, R., Safos, C, and Lathan, C. (2008). “Secure Telemonitoring System for Delivering Telerehabilitation Therapy to Enhance Children’s Communication Function to Home," Journal of Telemedicine and E-Health, Nov. 14(9):905-911.
- Parmanto, B., Paramita, M., Sugiantara, W., Pramana, G., Scotch, M., Burke, D. (2008). “Spatial and multidimensional visualization of Indonesia's village health statistics,” International Journal of Health Geographics. 2008 Jun 11;7(1):30.
- Schein, R., Schmeler, M., Brienza, D., Saptono, A., Parmanto, B. (2008). "Development of a service delivery protocol used for remote wheelchair consultation via telerehabilitation," Journal of Telemedicine and E-Health, Nov. 14(9):932-8.
- Parmanto, B. and Saptono, A. (2008). "Telerehabilitation: State of the Art from Informatics Perspective," International Journal on Telerehabilitation, Vol.1, No.1: 73-84.
- Parmanto, B. Ferrydiansyah, R., Saptono, A., Song, L, Sugiantara, I. & Hackett, S. (2006). “Accessibility Summarization & Simplification in a Template-Based Web Transcoder,” (Invited Paper). Journal of Web Engineering, Vol. 5, No (4), pp 348-366.
- Scotch, M. & Parmanto, B. (2005). “Development of a Numerical-Spatial Decision Support System for Community Health Assessment Research: Spatial OLAP Visualization and Analysis Tools (SOVAT),” International Journal of Medical Informatics. Vol 75, No 10-11, pp: 771-784.
- Parmanto, B. and Zeng, X. (2005). "Metric for Web Accessibility Evaluation," Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. Vo 56, No, 13, November 2005, pp 1394-1404.
- Hackett, S., Parmanto, B., & Zeng, X. (2005). "A Retrospective Look at Website Accessibility over Time," .Behaviour and Information Technology. Vol. 24, No. 6, November-December, pp. 407-417.
- Parmanto, B., Munro, P.W., and Doyle, H.R. (1996). "Reducing Variance of A Committee Prediction with Resampling Techniques," Connection Science Journal. Vol 8, No 3 &4, pp. 405-427.
Courses Recently Taught
- HRS-2422 Object-Oriented and Web Programming
- HRS-2423 Information Technology in Healthcare
- HRS-2424 Database Systems in Healthcare
- HRS-3000 Doctoral Seminar (Weekly Journal Club in the area of health and rehabilitation informatics)
- HRS-2434 Data Analysis in Healthcare