On behalf of the Dean’s Office, Student Services welcomes you to the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (SHRS).
My name is Kellie Beach and I am the Director of Student Services and Registrar for SHRS. I am also the Ombudsperson (a person who handles complaints, serves as a mediator, and a spokesperson for the rights of a particular individual or group) for SHRS. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 412-383-6554.
- You can also contact Ms. Chazz Williams, Student Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-383-6551.
Let’s get started:
We’ve made our orientation interactive with our web site for your convenience. The following links have been provided for you to view everything you need to help you succeed here at SHRS. Please click on each link and familiarize yourself with this information. After you’ve reviewed all the links provided you will be required to complete a New Student Orientation Acknowledgement and Photo Permission Form stating that you have reviewed all of the following information.
Finding your way around Campus
Campus Map Link (Including Computing Labs, Dining Locations, Fitness Centers, General University, Housing, Libraries and Parking)
- Pitt Police: campus phone- dial 4-2121 or non-campus phone - 412-624-2121
- SHRS Dean’s Office – 412-383-6560
- UPMC Security for Forbes Tower – (412) 647-7440
Please keep all valuables locked in Forbes Tower. If you have something stolen, contact Pitt Police and UPMC Security. Then contact the Dean’s Office to report the incident.
If you see anyone suspicious, call security immediately (whether it’s during or after business hours), then call the Dean’s Office to report the incident. Also, no one should be soliciting inside the building.
For Emergency Situations where you have to call the Paramedics:
- Call: 911 or 9-911 if using an office phone.
- Give the building name “Forbes Tower” and Meyran and Sennott Streets.
- Describe the incident.
- Call UPMC Security: (412) 647-7440.
- Tell them paramedics are on the way.
- Give the room number and person involved in emergency.
- Call Pitt Police: (412)-624-2121 or 4-2121 if using an office phone.
- Tell them that paramedics have been called.
- Give location of the incident, etc.
- Report incident to Dean’s Office: (412) 383-6560.
Emergency Notification Services Link: (getting messages on your home or cell phone)
Students with special needs or a disability that require accommodations in the event of a building evacuation should e-mail the Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) to request the development of an individualized evacuation plan. A representative of this office will contact you for specific information. You should also inform your course instructor that you are requesting accommodations for an evacuation.
When Can I get My ID
Registered students are eligible for cards one month prior to the start of a given term (for Spring - December 1, for Summer - April 1 and for Fall - August 1). More information is available at the Panther Central Site.
People Soft Information
Find your People Soft ID (Remember this number, you will use it on all correspondence with the University):
Directions for Students to Locate PeopleSoft ID:
1. Open a web browser and visit my.pitt.edu.
2. Login with your user name and password.
3. Click on the link PittPAY Login at the right of the screen.
4. Your seven-digit PeopleSoft ID number will appear directly next to your name at the top left of the page (below the Pitt seal) in the gold band.
Once you receive your student ID card, your PeopleSoft ID numberwill be listed at the bottom right of the card.
Updating your Personal Contact Information In PeopleSoft:
If your mailing or home address changes, it is important that you update it immediately. Failure to change an address may result in not receiving University mailings. If you are a current student, you can update your address by logging onto the Student Services Portal. Click on Student Center Login > Self Service > Campus Personal Information > Addresses. Choose the address type, click "Edit" and enter your new address.
Some students have multiple home addresses, so a new address type entitled "Home 2" has been created. Students choosing to use this feature should maintain the "Home 2" address just as they do the "Home" address. If you are no longer enrolled, you can still make changes to your information by mailing or faxing the changes to:
University of Pittsburgh
Office of the University Registrar
G-3 Thackeray Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
You can also make address changes in person in G-3 Thackeray Hall.
Social Security Numbers for Financial Aid
Providing your Social Security number for admission is optional; however it is required for financial aid purposes. If you applied to SHRS via ApplyYourself and opted not to include your SSN OR you applied to SHRS for the Doctor of Audiology, Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies (MS), Prosthetics and Orthotics (MS) or Speech Language Pathology (MA/MS) using a centralized application service (CAS) application see the instructions at http://www.registrar.pitt.edu/personalinfo.html on how to provide your Social Security number to the University of Pittsburgh.
Student Billing Information (PittPay)
Other University Offices
Learning Resource Center 4011 Forbes Tower (SHRS Computing labs are open only to SHRS students)
Hours: Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Students are encouraged to use the computers in the Learning Resource Center, as the 6th floor lab is heavily scheduled for classes. Multimedia and accessible computers are to be vacated as precedence is given to users who require the specific features of these stations.
The Anthony and Filomena Pascasio Learning Resource Center (LRC) is a multi-purpose lab dedicated in 1996 by Anne Pascasio, PhD, the founding and former Dean of SHRS. The Learning Resource Center (room 4011) contains additional public computers, models, a quiet study area and treatment tables for student practice. Also available for use: multimedia computer stations for digitizing video and document scanning, an accessible computer workstation and low vision station, and a University Self Service Printer Station.
All SHRS classrooms and conference rooms are equipped with a computer, laptop hookup, data projector, and network access. Please insure you turn OFF the data projectors in order to prolong lamp life.
Reserving Classrooms and Conference Rooms
Classroom/Conference room reservations can only be made online by SHRS Faculty and Staff. All rooms in Forbes Tower must be reserved via the online system.
Keep our Classrooms Clean and Orderly
Please do your part to keep our classrooms clean and orderly.
- There is to be NO FOOD or DRINK in any of the classrooms
- Please return chairs to original positions at the end of class
- Do not under any circumstances move chairs from one classroom to the other.
- Accessible computer workstations are available in the Learning Resource Center 4011.
- Accessible instructor stations are available in room 4014, 4015, 4016, 4017, 4060, 4065, 5047, 5073 and 6081
- Assisted Listening Systems are available in room 4014, 4060, 4065, 5047, and 6012.
- Low vision computer stations are available in room 4011.
Now that you have finished viewing all these important links and you have read through the information, you will need to complete your orientation by completing the SHRS Survey AND the New Student Orientation Acknowledgement & Photo Permission Form. These will need to be completed by the end of the first month of your admitted term.
Mandatory Online Forms
Visit links below to submit both of these forms on-line: