All SHRS Students
Academic and professional conferences and workshops are an excellent complement to health and rehabilitation science education here at SHRS. Students are eligible to apply for the Semantic Compaction Systems Education Travel Fund. Applications should be submitted three months prior to travel. To apply, please download the Semantic Compaction Systems Education Travel Fund.
SHRS Graduate Students
SHRS graduate students have two additional sources of travel grant funds: SHRS Travel Grant Program for Graduate Students
1. SHRS Travel Grant Program for Graduate Students
- SHRS Travel Grant Application Instructions
- SHRS Travel Grant On-line Application
- Travel and Business (T&B) Expense Report Instructions
- Travel and Business Expense form
- T&B Cover Sheet
2. Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) Travel Grant Program
Please refer to the GPSG Travel Grant website for additional information and the Electronic Approval form and TB Expense Form
- Both programs are funded through a portion of the graduate student activity fee, and provide funds to reimburse students for travel expenses. (Funds are not disbursed prior to the dates of travel).
- Students may seek funds from both programs for a single travel event.
- Students may receive a maximum of one grant from each program per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) based on the dates of travel.
- Funding in both programs is limited, and is awarded on a first come-first served basis.
Please contact the SHRS Student Advisory Board at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about travel grants.
Comparison of SHRS and GPSG Travel Grant Programs
Who administers the travel grant program?
SHRS: Student Advisory Board (SAB) Executive Board
GPSG: University of Pittsburgh Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) Executive Committee
Who is eligible to apply?
SHRS: Graduate students currently enrolled at SHRS (see application for further details)
GPSG: All currently-enrolled University of Pittsburgh graduate students
When can I submit my application?
SHRS: Up to 60 days PRIOR to travel (due to limited funding no applications will be accepted after return)
GPSG: Within 60 days of return (applications NOT accepted prior to travel)
How much money is awarded for each grant?
SHRS: $100-200 (Grant amounts depend on the type of event-see application for details)
GSPG: $100-200 (Grant amounts depend on the type of event-see application for details)
Is travel within Allegheny Co. eligible for travel grant reimbursement?