Consistent with the Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling program’s strong commitment to community engagement, advocacy and cultural humility, the Counselors for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (CODEI) committee seeks to honor and celebrate the uniqueness of students, faculty and staff by promoting practices that support an environment in which everyone can achieve success without barriers.
Meet Our Committee
The CODEI Committee consists of Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling faculty and staff. We provide consultation and make recommendations to other program committees and individual faculty and staff members. We aim to ensure that policies, practices and procedures reflect approaches that are grounded in the tenets of diversity, equity and inclusion and prepare students for engagement with multicultural populations.
CODEI Committee Goals:
1. Promote diversity
2. Amplify student voices
3. Advance practices
4. Encourage the active pursuit and enhancement of community partnerships
5. Support development of students' skills and abilities
6. Support a culture of inclusion
These goals align with:
- Our University's goal and strategies to promote Diversity and Inclusion
- The mission of our Office of Health Sciences Diversity (OHSD)
- The values that define our School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (SHRS)
- The mission of our Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling Program
Pitt Office for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (OEDI) Resources: