Brought to you by the UPMC Office of Advanced Practice Providers and the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, this program serves as an introductory course to leadership as an APP.
Curriculum includes eight interactive modules over a 16-week schedule designed to fit into the work-life balance of a busy clinician.
The next course begins in August 2021. Check back for more information soon!
The APP Leadership Certificate Course is unique in its inclusivity and collaboration with the following disciplines: Certified Nurse Midwifery, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesia, Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner. You will learn pathways beyond clinical leadership for professional development including key skill development and how to become a more effective leader in your organization with this 16 week course. You will emerge with key personal and leadership strategies that will prepare you to successfully continue on your path of professional development.
- Introduce Advanced Practice Provider Leadership (APP) Pathways
- Provide tools for the provider to navigate the transition into APP Leadership
- Discuss communication strategies and how to develop your executive presence
- Provide insight to the dynamics of a healthcare system and emerging as an effective leader
Program Components and Participant Expectations
This program is designed with flexibility for the demanding schedule of an active clinician and designed in a virtual format. The program is organized into 8 bi-weekly online modules. Each module will have a pre-recorded video component that is broken down into manageable segments allowing the clinician to watch as they are able. Meaningful interactions and network opportunities with colleagues, educational staff, and leadership experts are built in throughout the course to enhance the experience .
To complete the program successfully, participants are expected to fulfill the following:
- Complete all program self-assessments (pre/post evaluations) and session evaluations
- Participate in the online components of the course
- Meet outlined deadlines in the course schedule
At the Conclusion of the Course
Certificate of Completion is granted from the University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
For More Information
Please contact Amy Haller, MPAS, PA-C, MBA, Director for the UPMC Center for Advanced Practice Education and the Co- Director of the APP Leadership Course, at firstname.lastname@example.org.