- Sondra Balouris worked in cardiopulmonary rehabilitation at The University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, The Miriam Hospital - Brown University, and The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
- 2002 - 2010: Executive Director of Tech-Link, an outreach program of SHRS whose mission is to link students with disabilities to careers in math, science, and technology. Tech-Link programs include internships and robotic camps for students with and without disabilities.
- 2006 - 2010: Director of outreach for the National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center on Quality of Life Technologies, a joint program between the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University.
- 2011 - 2014: Academic Director, Undergraduate Program in Rehabilitation Science
- 2014 - Present: Director, Undergraduate Program in Rehabilitation Science
- Board certified Physical Therapist
- Exercise Specialist, American College of Sports Medicine
Courses Recently Taught
- HRS 1095 Community Connector Course
- REHSCI 1290 Practical Issues in Disability
- REHSCI 1018 Survey of Health and Rehabilitation Professions
- REHSCI 1225 Introduction to Rehabilitation Science
- REHSCI 1292 Diversity and Cultural Issues in Health, Disability and Rehabilitation