Spring 2022 - SHRS Graduation Ceremonies
SHRS will host a Graduate and an Undergraduate Spring Graduation Ceremony on Saturday, April 30, 2022 at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum.
Graduation is not an automatic process, you must submit a Graduation Application. See deadlines below for the term in which you are graduating.
It is the responsibility of the student to declare (notify) any other Pitt Schools that they are doing a minors/certificates/dual degrees prior to submitting their Graduation Application to SHRS.
Please refer to the deadlines below for submitting a Graduation Application to SHRS and talk with your Department Admistrator for department deadlines.
SHRS Graduation Application Deadlines
SHRS December 2021 Graduation Application Deadlines: (Graduation Term - 2221)
December Graduates will submit a Graduation Application starting the beginning of July.
- Any application turned in after Sept. 23rd will incur a late fee.
- Final date to submit an application is Beginning of December.
If a student needs to change their Diploma Mailing address after they have submitted the Graduation application, the student will need to complete this form Change of Diploma Mailing Address form by the end of November. Due to the Main Registrar office working remote, this form must be sent via email to email@example.com. All questions should be directed to Office of the University Registrar at (412) 624-7627.
If you are completing and SHRS certificate a copy of this form, must also be forwarded to SHRS Student Services Coordinator, Lori Kieffer at LAK103@pitt.edu .
SHRS April 2022 Graduation Application Deadlines: (Graduation Term - 2224)
- April graduates can submit a Graduation Application now to their Department Administrator
- Final date to submit an application is November 4th.
SHRS June 2022 Graduation Application Deadlines: (Graduation Term - 2227)
- June graduation is reserved for OT & Sports Science degrees. All other degrees must be approved by the SHRS Dean's Office Registrar.
SHRS August 2022 Graduation Application Deadlines: (Graduation Term - 2227)
- August graduates will submit a Graduation Application starting on TBD.
- Final date to submit an application is TBD
Please turn in Graduation Applications to your department administrator, as directed in the email you will recieve from them.
- The address you include on the application, must be where you want your diploma sent after you graduate. If you are unsure you may put in a family or friends address.
- If a student needs to change their Diploma Mailing address after they have submitted the Graduation application, the student will need to complete this form Change of Diploma Mailing Address form a month prior to graduation. Due to the Main Registrar's office working remote, this form must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions should be directed to Office of the University Registrar at (412) 624-7627.
- If you are completing and SHRS certificate a copy of this form, must also be forwarded to SHRS Student Services Coordinator, Lori Kieffer at LAK103@pitt.edu
Minors at another School should be included on SHRS Grad Application
If you are receiving a minor at another School, please note this on the SHRS Graduation Application page 2.
You must have "declared" your minor with the other Pitt School prior to turning in your graduation application. Check with that school to make sure your minor is declared.
Certificates Received at SHRS
- If you're receiving an SHRS certificate, please note this on the SHRS Graduation Application page 2.
Certificates received at another school require a separate Graduation Application.
If you are graduating with an ARTS & SCIENCE CERTIFICATE you need to complete a separate Graduation Application for A&S. Go to the A&S Office in 140 Thackeray to complete this form.
The deadline to apply for a certificate or dual degree at A &S:
Arts & Science Due dates & Deadlines:
To graduate you must, APPLY for graduation the term before you plan to graduate:
- Applications for December 2021 graduation will be accepted until September 3, 2021.
- Applications for April 2022 graduation will be available starting October 25th and due no later than November 8, 2021.
- Applications for August 2022 graduation will be available starting February 14th and due no later than March 18, 2022.
- Applications for December 2022 graduation will be available starting March 21rd and due back no later than July 8, 2022.
f you have any question regarding your certificate and application deadlines at A&S, please email Lisa Machi in A&S: email@example.com.
Click on this link to apply for graduation at A&S.
If you are doing a certificate at another Pitt school please check with that schools Dean's office on dates and deadlines to apply.
Dual degrees are not included on SHRS Grad Application
If you are completing a dual degree at another School, you must apply for graduation at that School with a separate Graduation Application. Please contact the other School for instructions and deadlines.
The address that you put on the Graduation Application should be where you want your diploma sent after you graduate. Please do not use a temporary address. If your address is going to change after you apply for graduation, please contact Courtney Fleck at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the necessary adjustments.
NOTE: Your name on your Graduation Application must be identical to the way it appears on the University's student information system. You will be required to provide legal documentation to change your name. The acceptable documentation is a birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, formal court order or a valid passport.
Please do not wait to apply for graduation and pay a fee even if you are not sure that you will graduate. There is no cost to decline your Graduation Application for a specific term. If you are declined graduation, you will simply reapply the next term with a new Graduation Application.
If you are completing a master's thesis or dissertation, please visit the Doctoral/Master Thesis web page for instructions on the ETD process. Please email Courtney Fleck at email@example.com to obtain your ETD packet.
Diplomas are mailed from the Main University Registrar to the address you supplied on your graduation application. Students will be notified via their campus email when their diploma has been shipped.
All Undergrad and Graduate students receive an 8.5x11 diploma from the University, except for PHD students who receive a 12 x16.
- If you would need to reorder a diploma after you graduate, click on this link to find more information.
If you have any questions regarding diplomas, including the address your diploma will be sent to (the one you put on your graduation application), please contact the Main Pitt Registrar at 412-624-7627 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can order an official transcript online using the University Registrars website Transcripts/Verifications.
If you have any questions regarding transcripts please contact the Main Pitt Registrar at 412-624-7635 or email@example.com
If you completed a certificate from SHRS, you will be mailed the certificate from SHRS to the address you supplied on your graduation application. If you have a question on your SHRS certificate, please contact Kellie Beach at firstname.lastname@example.org.