We, the students of the University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Program in the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences realize that through formal organization, we greater benefit our personal selves, our careers, our Program and the Greater Pittsburgh community. Therefore, we hereby establish the University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Student Society. In all aspects of its function, this society will pursue integrity, equality, dignity, and competence for the physician assistant as a health practitioner.
Purpose of the Society
- To serve as the certified organization for the students of the University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Program
- To promote academic achievement and clinical excellence among the program
- To guide the incoming class in becoming successful students, community members and clinicians
- To aid the faculty with continuing development of the Program through feedback and open communication
- To serve the Pittsburgh community through volunteer activities and involvement
- To promote the physician assistant as a member of the health care delivery team at the local, national, and international levels.
Officers for the Class of 2018
President: Joelle Houser
Vice President: Amanda Kidder
Secretary: Gabrielle Garcia
Treasurer: Timothy Cotter
Officers for the Class of 2017
President: Megan Zammerilla
Vice President: Joseph Hoskin
Secretary: Jessica Fullman
Treasurer: Courtney Haven
Officers for the Class of 2016
President: Robert Cunningham
Vice President: Benjamin Edmondson
Secretary: Kathryn Reed
Treasurer: Cara Semelsberger
Relay for Life
The University of Pittsburgh Physician Assistant Studies Class of 2018 is participating in the Relay for Life this spring. The event is Saturday, April 1st and will take place at Trees Hall in the basketball courts. Participants and those wishing to make a donation for the event are asked to register as soon as possible at "Join Our Team."
At Relay for Life events, communities across the globe come together to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much. The funds raised truly make a difference in the fight against cancer! Please consider joining us.
- National PA Week will be held October 6-12, 2017: Celebrating PAs | Transforming Healthcare
- The Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants (PSPA) will hold its annual fall CME conference October 18-21, 2017 in King of Prussia, PA.
- The Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) will hold its annual education forum October 25-29, 2017, in Denver, CO.