Why Choose Pitt Prosthetics and Orthotics?
We asked current students why they chose to attend Pitt for a master's degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics and here's what they said! Our program provides:
- A flexible curriculum for students to focus on research and/or clinical practice
- State-of-the-art labs and technology at Pitt facilities
- Knowledgeable, friendly instructors
- A class size that allows for individual student attention and access to faculty
- Plenty of exposure to experienced clinicians beyond Pitt's faculty and a chance to network with professionals both nationally and internationally
- Opportunities to gain real-world experience in a wide variety of settings within a strong rehab community
- A record of student success - 100% of students receive certification!
- A strong student organization
- A young "hip" professional setting at Bakery Square
- The advantages of living in a city with culture, a long tradition of sports and a low cost of living
Learn about the Prosthetics and Orthotics profession and Pitt's Prosthetics and Orthotics program.
Find detailed information on the admission requirements needed to apply to the Prosthetics and Orthotics program.
View the Prosthetics and Orthotics curriculum and clinical experiences.
View the Prosthetics and Orthotics scholarship opportunities.
The Master of Science Program in Prosthetics and Orthotics has been granted accreditation by the National Commission on Orthotic and Prosthetic Education (NCOPE). Our graduates are fully eligible to do an NCOPE residency, and then upon successful completion of the residency, take the certification examinations offered by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics (ABC).