University Female Student in Campus Outdoor Setting

Prospective Students  

We appreciate your interest in the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences!  Through academic research, technology, and rigorous training, we educate the next generation of health professionals who will help others reach their fullest potential. The degrees offered through our Departments prepare our students for health care professions that are increasingly in demand (see the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics).  We have over 20 programs at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral level. 

Explore Our Programs!

We encourage you to contact us if you have any questions.  We also invite you to join us at our Fall or Spring Open House. This is an excellent opportunity to learn firsthand about our many programs!

What you should know when considering SHRS:

SHRS is an upper division school. What does this mean?

This means students are required to have a minimum of 60 college credits before entering our undergraduate programs. Each program has a set of “prerequisite courses” that students typically take during their freshman and sophomore years while simultaneously earning general education credits. Students then apply to our programs during sophomore year, roughly after completing 45 credits.  Students may be in the process of completing all required credits and admission requirements when applying to SHRS.  

High school students, do you qualify for a Freshman Guarantee?

High school students seeking admission to the University of Pittsburgh for freshman entry should visit and apply through the University’s Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Incoming freshmen have the opportunity to qualify for a number of our “Pitt Freshmen Guarantees” which guarantee students admission into an SHRS graduate or professional program providing they meet all criteria. (To learn how you can qualify for a guarantee, click on the program links listed below.) The first step in qualifying for these guarantees is to identify them in your freshman application to the University.


Do you need a specific undergraduate major for each graduate program?

You'll find that almost any undergraduate background can qualify you for most of our graduate programs. The important thing to remember is that you MUST include courses designated as prerequisites in your undergraduate curriculum and meet all admissions requirements.

What should you know as an undergraduate transfer student?

External transfer students should visit the University's Office of Admissions & Financial Aid Transfer Student webpage. Pitt Connection Guides are available on this site. These guides will help you pick equivalent Pitt courses at area community colleges.

What should you know as an international student?

Students applying to graduate programs from outside the US should allow plenty of time for application processing. Please check each program's admission pages for deadlines and other important information. Also, be sure to visit the University's Office of International Services website and the SHRS International Applicants page.

Director of Recruitment


Student Opportunities

University Quick Links


View our Video

Pittsburgh - Student Views
University of Pittsburgh, School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences all rights reserved.