- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Admission may be considered for applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 if other supporting evidence of their ability to complete the graduate program is provided.
- Verification of English Language Proficiency Verification is required unless the following apply:
- the applicant is a citizen of a country whose official language is English
- the applicant has completed a degree program at a regionally accredited institution in the U.S., or
- the applicant is not a citizen of a country whose official language is English but has completed a degree program at an institution outside of the U.S. where the language of instruction is English and where the official national language of the country in which the institution is located is English.
- Complete the GradCAS application.
- Submit the application fee of $50 (U.S.).
- Statement of Purpose/Essay.
- One letter of recommendation. The recommendation should be from a college level instructor or employer/professional who have supervised your work in a paid or volunteer capacity. The individual should be able to comment on your academic, professional, and interpersonal abilities.
- Transcripts from all U.S. institutions attended.
- A course-by-course evaluation with GPA conversion for all higher institutions attended outside the U.S. The evaluation may be from World Education Services (WES), Inc. or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), Inc.
- Admitted students will be required to provide official transcripts from all higher institutions attended to the SHRS Admissions Office prior to enrolling in classes.
- Request official English Language Proficiency test scores from one of the following options. Minimum scores accepted follow:
- Duolingo English Test: on-campus: 115, online: 130. Scores should be made to “University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.”
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): on-campus: 6.5, online: 7.0. Scores should be made to “University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.”
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): on-campus: 80, online: 100. Send scores to institution code “2927.”
- Unofficial scores may be provided via GradCAS (in addition to the official scores required).
Your application will be reviewed once it is complete.
Rolling except for F-1 students whose deadline is May 1, 2024. Admission is for the fall term only.
On-campus students are required to bring a wireless laptop with Microsoft platform to class for courses that incorporate hands-on learning of computer applications and technology.
Application can be submitted while undergraduate degree is in progress provided the applicant will be able to provide evidence of successful degree completion prior to starting the program.