University and SHRS COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements and Information
A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is required to apply to the Master of Rehabilitation Technology (MRT) program. No specific major is mandated; however, the degree should include a well-rounded general education with a distribution of courses in the sciences, mathematics, psychology, social sciences and humanities. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (out of 4.0) is required.
- Complete the GradCAS application.
- Submit the application fee of $50 (U.S.)
- Provide evidence of graduate level writing skills as demonstrated in a self-evaluation essay that discusses goals, strengths, skills and experiences that will contribute to success in the program and in the profession. This essay should include a brief statement discussing the applicant’s interest in the field of study and reasons for applying to the University of Pittsburgh. Potential students should mention their interest in fellowships in this personal essay.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals who have taught applicants in academic settings and/or supervised clinical or research activities. These letters should address academic, professional and personal attributes, as well as potential for meaningful graduate study.
- Submit transcripts/credentials from all colleges and universities attended.
- Additional requirements for International applicants
- Academic Credential Evaluation from World Education Services (WES), Inc. or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. A course-by-course evaluation with GPA conversion is required for baccalaureate degree or higher completed at an institution outside of the United States.
- English Language Proficiency scores. Minimum scores accepted:
- Duolingo: 120. Scores should be made available electronically to "University of Pittsburgh - Health and Rehabilitation Sciences".
- IELTS: 7.0. Scores should be made available electronically to "University of Pittsburgh Health and Rehabilitation Sciences".
- TOEFL: 100. Submit electronically to institution code 2927.
Applicants to the MRT and P&O programs can apply for the Department's AccelerATe Scholarship which recognizes the value of diverse applicants and aims to increase the diversity in the rehab tech field. Here's how.