We welcome applicants of all abilities/disabilities, religions, marital statuses, familial statuses, sexes, ages, sexual orientations, veteran statuses, national origins, ancestries, races, colors, genetic information, and gender identities and expressions.
A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) is required to apply to the Master of Rehabilitation Technology (MRT) program. No specific major is mandated; however, the degree should include a well-rounded general education with a distribution of courses in the sciences, mathematics, psychology, social sciences and humanities. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (out of 4.0) is required.
- Anatomy and/or Physiology, 3 credits
- Statistics, 3 credits
- English writing, 3 credits
Prerequisite waivers are possible, pending an applicant can demonstrate proof of equivalent knowledge/experience. Provisional special status may be granted to students who do not meet all the prerequisite requirements if other supporting evidence is provided.
Application Deadline: Rolling
All applicants must:
- Apply online using the SHRS ApplyYourself application.
- Submit the application fee of $50 (U.S.)
- Provide evidence of graduate level writing skills as demonstrated in a self-evaluation essay that discusses goals, strengths, skills and experiences that will contribute to success in the program and in the profession. This essay should include a brief statement discussing the applicant’s interest in the field of study and reasons for applying to the University of Pittsburgh. Potential students should mention their interest in fellowships in this personal essay.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals who have taught applicants in academic settings and/or supervised clinical or research activities. These letters should address academic, professional and personal attributes, as well as potential for meaningful graduate study.
- Submit official transcripts/credentials from all colleges and universities attended.
- Additional requirements for International applicants including academic credential evaluation and English language proficiency requirements.
Applicants to the MRT and P&O programs can apply for the Department's AccelerATe Scholarship. Here's how.