Health care professionals from various disciplines are encouraged to apply to this program. Applicants with other relevant training and career experience who wish to develop competencies in health information system applications also will be given consideration.
- Computer Programming, 3 credits
- Statistics, 3–4 credits
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0) is required. Admission may be considered for applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 if other supporting evidence of their ability to complete the graduate program is provided.
Application Deadline: Rolling
- Complete the SHRS ApplyYourself online application
- Application fee of $50
- Three Letters of Recommendation are required. These recommendations should be from college level instructors or employers/professionals who have supervised your work in a paid or volunteer capacity. These individuals should be able to comment on your academic, professional and interpersonal abilities.
- Statement of Purpose/Essay
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Applications can be submitted when course requirements are in progress
- Additional requirements for international applicants
All students are required to bring a wireless laptop with Microsoft platform to class for courses that incorporate hands-on learning of computer applications and technology.