All students enrolled in the MS program with a concentration in Rehabilitation Technology are required to complete 44 credits to meet the degree requirements.
Students must complete 34 credits of core courses, and select either a scholarly paper option (3 credits) or thesis option (6 credits).
In addition, students should take a number of elective courses to meet the required number of credits for graduation.
The plan of study for all students can be downloaded here. Students should work with their academic advisors to complete the plan of study during their first semester.
- HRS 2704 - Fundamentals of Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology (3 credits)
- HRS 2705 - Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Practices (3 credits) *Prerequisite: HRS 2704
- HRS 2706 - Introduction to Rehabilitation Engineering Design I (4 credits)
- HRS 2708 - Individual and Social Experience of Disability (3 credits)
- HRS 2715 - Medical Aspects of Disability (3 credits)
- HRS 2718 - Rehabilitation Engineering Design (3 credits) *Prerequisite: HRS 2706
- HRS 2724 - Assistive Technology Funding and Policy (3 credits)
- HRS 2901 - Introduction to Research Methodology (3 credits)
- HRS 2905 - Ethical Issues in Healthcare (3 credits)
- HRS 2921 - Clinical Internship (6 credits)
- HRS 2502- Human Performance Analysis (3 credits)
- HRS 2709 - Manual Wheelchair Design and Evaluation (2 credits)
- HRS 2711 - Computer Access (3 credits)
- HRS 2723 - Home and Worksite Modifications (3 credits)
- HRS 2731 - Foundations of Rehabilitation and the Rehabilitation Counseling Process (3 credits)
- HRS 2774 - Rehabilitation Biomechanics for the Health Care Professions (3 credits)
- HRS 2915 - Telemedicine, Telerehabilitation, and E-Health (3 credits)
- HRS 3702 - Soft Tissue Biomechanics (2 credits)
- HRS 3705 - Wheelchair Biomechanics (1 credit)
- HRS 3710 - Clinical Application in Seating (4 credits)
- HRS 3898 - Laboratory Techniques in Sports Medicine 1 (3 credits)
- HRS 3897 - Laboratory Techniques in Sports Medicine 2 (3 credits)
- HRS 2435 - Financial Management Foundations for Health Care and Public Health (3 credits)
- HRS 2422 - Computer Programming for Health Informatics (3 credits)
- BIOE 2061 - Ergonomics and Occupational Biomechanics (3 credits)
- CSD 2077 - Augmentative Communication (3 credits)
*Electives can be selected from SHRS and other departments at Pitt, and Carnegie Mellon University. However, you should discuss your selection of electives with your academic advisor and consult individual instructors to make sure you are eligible for taking the electives of your interest.