Students pursuing a master’s degree in Sports Medicine come to the University of Pittsburgh from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds. In order to apply, you must have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited school. Students are admitted into the program after successful completion of a baccalaureate degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0).
Application Deadline: March 15
Application Deadline for Certified Athletic Trainers applying for Assistantship: January 15; there is a mandatory on-campus interview with program faculty for the assistantship. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the department to schedule an interview.
All applicants must:
- Complete the SHRS ApplyYourself online application
- Submit the application fee of $50 (U.S.)
- Submit a self-evaluation essay addressing your purpose for applying to the program, your ability to successfully complete the program, and your goals (short and long term)
- Submit three letters of reference, preferably from individuals who have instructed you in academic settings and/or supervised research activities. These letters should address the applicant’s academic, professional, clinical (as appropriate) and personal attributes; as well as potential for meaningful graduate study.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Additional requirements for international applicants