Students pursuing a master’s degree in Sports Medicine come to the University of Pittsburgh from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds. Students are admitted into the program after successful completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited school with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0). A degree in athletic training, rehabilitation science, exercise science, exercise physiology, health science, kinesiology, biomechanics, or bioengineering is preferred. Students will benefit from having completed a human anatomy course prior to enrolling in the program.
Application Deadline: March 15
Early Application Deadline for Assistantships: January 15 (Details here.)
All applicants must:
- Complete the SHRS ApplyYourself online application
- Submit the application fee of $50 (U.S.)
- Submit a self-evaluation essay addressing your purpose for applying to the program, your ability to successfully complete the program, and your goals (short and long term)
- Submit three letters of reference, preferably from individuals who have instructed you in academic settings and/or supervised research activities. These letters should address the applicant’s academic, professional, clinical (as appropriate) and personal attributes; as well as potential for meaningful graduate study.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Additional requirements for international applicants