University and SHRS COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements and Information
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Students pursuing a master’s degree in Sports Medicine come to the University of Pittsburgh from a variety of academic and professional backgrounds. A degree in athletic training, rehabilitation science, exercise science, exercise physiology, health science, kinesiology, biomechanics, or bioengineering is preferred.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0).
- Students will benefit from having completed a human anatomy course prior to enrolling in the program.
- Verification of English language proficiency is required unless the following apply:
- the applicant is a citizen of a country whose official language is English
- the applicant has completed a degree program at a regionally accredited institution in the U.S., or
- the applicant is not a citizen of a country whose official language is English but has completed a degree program at an institution outside of the U.S. where the language of instruction is English and where the official national language of the country in which the institution is located is English.
Complete the GradCAS application which includes:
- Application fee of $50 (U.S.)
- Self-evaluation essay addressing your purpose for applying to the program, your ability to successfully complete the program, and your goals (short and long term). Please include an additional statement of your interest in an experiential scholarship, describing your qualifications and how this experience would help you meet your career goals.
- Three letters of reference, preferably from individuals who have instructed you in academic settings and/or supervised research activities. These letters should address the applicant’s academic, professional, clinical (as appropriate) and personal attributes; as well as potential for meaningful graduate study.
- Transcripts from all US colleges/universities attended.
- A course-by-course academic credential evaluation with GPA conversion for all higher institutions attended outside the US from World Education Services (WES), Inc. or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- If applicable provide English language proficiency scores. Minimum scores accepted are:
- Duolingo: 110. Scores should be made available electronically to "University of Pittsburgh - Health and Rehabilitation Sciences".
- IELTS: 6.5. Scores should be made available electronically to "University of Pittsburgh Health and Rehabilitation Sciences".
- TOEFL: 80. Submit electronically to institution code 2927.
Early application deadline is January 15. This includes applications to be considered for the experiential positions. Click here to learn more about our Experiential Opportunities.
Extended deadline is April 15. Applications will be reviewed after the deadlines.