- Exercise Physiology (3 credits)
- Introduction to Nutrition (3 credits)
- Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I (3 credits)
Applications may be submitted while prerequisite coursework is in progress. A minimum grade of C is required in all prerequisite courses.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0). Admission may be considered for applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 if other supporting evidence of their ability to complete the graduate program is provided.
- An interview may be required.
Application Deadline: March 15
Application Deadline for highly competitive practical experience positions: January 15. Some of the practical experiences are highly competitive and may require an on-campus interview. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the department to schedule an interview.
All applicants must:
- Complete the SHRS ApplyYourself online application.
- Submit the application fee of $50 (U.S.).
- Submit an essay—a description of professional and educational goals that are realistically attainable during enrollment in the graduate program.
- Submit three letters of reference, preferably from individuals who have instructed you in academic settings and/or supervised research activities. These letters should address the applicant’s academic, professional and personal attributes, and potential for meaningful graduate study.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended.
- Additional requirements for international applicants