- Exercise for Older Adults with Complex Medical Conditions
- Behavioral Lifestyle Interventions for Improving Physical Function
- The Sit Less for Successful Aging Study
Andrea L. Hergenroeder is an associate professor in the Department of Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Coordinator, Clinical Education for UPMC Centers for Rehab Services.
Her academic/research interests include:
- Physical activity and its role in the prevention and treatment of chronic disease
- Effects of lifestyle interventions on physical and cognitive function in older adults with type 2 diabetes.
- Health promotion in physical therapy practice
- Measurement of vital signs and clinical responses to exercise
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy practice
- Clinical decision making for patients with complex medical problems
- Measurement of physical activity in older adults
Department of Physical Therapy
Doctor of Physical Therapy