David C. Beck is the inaugural associate dean for Interprofessional Studies of the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences and the inaugural chair of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies. He has served the PA Studies Program as director and as academic coordinator. He earned his Bachelor of Science and Master of Physician Assistant Science degrees at Saint Francis University, and his Doctor of Education degree at the University of Pittsburgh. His research interests are in the areas of quality and process improvement in physician assistant education and the professional development of health care practitioners.
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Fellow, American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistant Educator of the Year, Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants
- Distinguished Teaching Award, Department of Rehabilitation Science and Technology, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
- Innovation in Education Award, University of Pittsburgh, Office of the Provost, Advisory Council on Instructional Excellence
- Inducted to Pi Alpha, the National Honor Society for Physician Assistants