- Rehabilitation and exercise to improve mobility and physical function in older adults
- Treatment effectiveness in persons with Parkinson's disease
- Mechanisms of high energy cost of walking in community dwelling older adults
- Delivery of evidence-based exercise in the community
- Co-investigator - Task Specific Timing and Coordination Exercise to Improve Mobility in Older Adults (PI - Dr. Jennifer Brach)
David Wert is an assistant professor in the Department of Physical Therapy, and also serves as the Chair of the Nomination Committee for the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. His teaching interests include neuroanatomy & neuroscience, neurodegenerative disease, and geriatrics. Wert's research interests include rehabilitation and exercise to improve mobility and physical function in older adults. His specialties include: 1) treatment effectiveness in persons with Parkinson's disease, 2) mechanisms of high energy cost of walking in community dwelling older adults, and 3) delivery of evidence-based exercise in the community.