Gardenia is a Kinesiologist whose research focuses on health promotion, community-based participatory research, and physical activity for older adults. Specifically, implementation of evidence-based programs in community-based organizations. Dr. Jennifer Brach and her On the Move program made it an easy decision for Gardenia to attend SHRS. The exposure to renowned talent, hands-on experience, and leadership opportunities provided at the University of Pittsburgh will provide Gardenia with the skillset to be successful in her future career.
- Community-based participatory research
- Dissemination and implementation of evidence-based exercise programs
- Health promotion
- Physical activity
- Participant Perspectives
- Adoption, Implementation and Maintenance of Evidence-based Fall Prevention Programs
- Rural and Urban Older Adults’ Use of Technology and Interest in Online Group Exercise Classes (co-author)
- Community-Based Exercise Programs for the second edition book, Exercise for Aging Adults: A Guide for Practitioners (co-author).