Mita Lovalekar is an associate professor in the Department of Sports Medicine and Nutrition. She is trained as a physician and has doctoral and master's degrees in Epidemiology. She is an associate-investigator with the Neuromuscular Research Laboratory research projects, and is involved with study design, data processing, analysis, and interpretation. Lovalekar's research interests include injury epidemiology and surveillance, injury prevention, and chronic disease epidemiology. She teaches Injury Epidemiology (HRS2017) and Research Methods and Applied Statistics (HRS2655).
- Society for Epidemiologic Research
- American Public Health Association
- American Statistical Association
Education & Training
- MBBS, Seth G.S. Medical College
- MPH, University of Pittsburgh
- PhD, University of Pittsburgh
- Delta Omega National Honor Society for Schools of Public Health, 2009
- Outstanding Student Award, Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 2009
- Sell TC, Abt JP, Crawford K, Lovalekar M, Nagai T, Deluzio JB, Smalley BW, McGrail MA, Rowe RS, Cardin S, Lephart SM. Warrior Model for Human Performance and Injury Prevention: Eagle Tactical Athlete Program (ETAP) Part II. J Spec Oper Med. 2010 Fall;10(4):22-33.
- Sell TC, Abt JP, Crawford K, Lovalekar M, Nagai T, Deluzio JB, Smalley BW, McGrail MA, Rowe RS, Cardin S, Lephart SM. Warrior Model for Human Performance and Injury Prevention: Eagle Tactical Athlete Program (ETAP) Part I. J Spec Oper Med. 2010 Fall;10(4):2-21.
- Abt JP, Sell TC, Chu Y, Lovalekar M, Burdett RG, Lephart SM. Running kinematics and shock absorption do not change after brief exhaustive running. J Strength Cond Res. 2011 Jun;25(6):1479-85.
- Crawford K, Fleishman K, Abt JP, Sell TC, Lovalekar M, Nagai T, Deluzio J, Rowe RS, McGrail MA, Lephart SM. Less body fat improves physical and physiological performance in army soldiers. Mil Med. 2011 Jan;176(1):35-43.
- Lovalekar MT, Linkov F, Mathur SC, Bhave SY. Indian Supercourse in Epidemiology. J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2010 Fall;30(4):260.
- Linkov F, Omenn GS, Serageldin I, Cerf V, Lovalekar M, LaPorte R. Multilayer and multimetric quality control: the Supercourse. J Cancer Educ. 2010 Dec;25(4):478-83.
- Robare JF, Milas NC, Bayles CM, Williams K, Newman AB, Lovalekar MT, Boudreau R, McTigue K, Albert SM, Kuller LH. The key to life nutrition program: results from a community-based dietary sodium reduction trial. Public Health Nutr. 2010 May;13(5):606-14.
- Linkov F, Lovalekar M, LaPorte R. Quality control of epidemiological lectures online: scientific evaluation of peer review. Croat Med J. 2007 Apr;48(2):249-55.
- Injury epidemiology, Injury surveillance, Injury prevention, Chronic diseases epidemiology