A bachelor's degree is required to apply to the Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics program. No specific major is mandated; however, the degree should include a well-rounded general education with a distribution of courses in the sciences, mathematics, psychology, social sciences and humanities. The curriculum of study for MSPO Program is based upon an undergraduate education that provides a strong foundation in knowledge, skills and abilities required for the field.
- Physics with lab, 4 credits*
- Biology with lab, 4 credits*
- Chemistry with lab, 4 credits*
- Psychology (Abnormal or Human Growth & Development), 3 credits
- Mathematics (algebra or higher), 3 credits
- Human anatomy, 3 credits*
- Human physiology, 3 credits*
- Statistics, 3 credits
* Courses may not be taken in an online or e-learning setting. Candidates who submit applications with these credentials will be asked to repeat said courses prior to enrolling in the MSPO Program.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019. Application cycle opens July 31.
All applicants must:
- Complete the online OPCAS application.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (based on 4.0) in all college-level courses, as well as a 3.0 in prerequisite coursework. Applicants with less than a 3.0 but with other outstanding qualifications will be considered.
- Demonstrate adequate exposure to the profession of Orthotics and/or Prosthetics through volunteer or work experience. We recommend a minimum of 250 observation hours in order to satisfy this requirement. This will also allow for the practitioner to write a sufficient letter of recommendation.
- Submit three letters of recommendation: One academic reference from a college level instructor, two additional letters of reference from health-care professionals (we recommend a certified Orthotist or Prosthetist).
- Submit an essay describing why you are interested in this profession and your long-term goals.
- Provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Submit offical GRE scores to institution code 2927. Paper copies of test results are not accepted.
- Additional requirements for International applicants
Class size is limited to 24 students.