The PT-CTRC provides consistent, high quality physical-performance testing and rehabilitation services to clinical and translational researchers.
- Testing – We provide a variety of performance-based physical function tests, and administrate self-reported measures, and impairment measures, dependent on research study protocol.
- Interventions – as per research interventions, we provide services that include, and are not limited to: strengthening protocols for upper and lower extremities, and trunk muscles; endurance and aerobic training; and mobility techniques.
The PT-CTRC has all equipment necessary to perform tests and interventions associated with clinical research.
The equipment available in the PT-CTRC are:
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Hand-held and isokinetic dynamometers
- Heart rate and portable activity monitors
- Weight training machines (leg press, leg extension/curl combo, multi-hip combo, pull down/low row combo, chest press combo)
- Free weights
- Treadmills and stationary cycles
- Perturbation training kits and balance foams/boards
- Elastic bands
- Hi-lo tables
- Walking track
- Start-stop timers
- Electronic walkways
Using the Clinic
To request information regarding using the PT-CTRC, please contact Dr. Alexandra Gil.
- Dr. G. Kelley Fitzgerald, PT, PhD, FAPTA
- Dr. Sara Piva, PT, PhD, OCS, FAAOMPT
- Dr. Alexandra Gil, PT, PhD
- Kathryn Brown, PT, MS
- Visnja King, PT, DPT
- Joseph Mancino, PT
- David Wortman, MPT
The PT-CTRC is located at:
Bridgeside Point 1
100 Technology Drive, Suite 470
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: (412) 383-6735
For budget or service inquiries, please contact:
Dr. Alexandra Gil
Phone: (412) 383-6714