SHRS Graduation Ceremonies
SHRS hosts a graduation ceremony in December and April yearly. Students will receive an email invitation and RSVP link to these ceremonies, approximately two months prior to the event.
December 2023 - SHRS Fall Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, December 16, 2023
10 a.m. - approx. 11:30 a.m. (Doors will open at 9 a.m. Students need to arrive no later than 9:30 a.m. and be in the student lineup area.)
- tickets are not required, but we will be asking graduates to limit their guests to a maximum of 8. For planning purposes, you will be asked in your RSVP how many of the 8 guests you will be bringing.
- click here for information on regalia and Graduation Central.
- click here for additional information, inlcuding recording your name for the name announcer, photographer, venue, directions, parking and accessibility.
We will also be livestreaming the event (details to come) and will announce any student not in attendance with their class.
Benjamin R. Reynolds, MSPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA
Chief Advanced Practice Officer, UPMC
Director, UPMC Office of Advanced Practice Providers
Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical School
Clinical Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies, University of Pittsburgh School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
Photos taken at SHRS Ceremony
At our ceremony on Saturday, December 16th, we arranged for GradImages® Photography to take several photos of each of you as you receive your diploma. SHRS will provide Grad Images with your name and Pitt email so that they may contact you after the ceremony to view and purchase photo products and gifts. If you DO NOT want your name and email shared with GradImages® please click on this link to opt out by Dec. 6th at 4:00 pm.
If you pre-register, you will receive a coupon for 20% of your entire order. Visit www.gradimages.com/Preregistration for details.
If have any questions or concerns regarding your photos, please get in touch with their Customer Service Department at (800) 261-2576, online at www.gradimages.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW THIS YEAR
University Winter Commencement
The university will be holding a commencement in December for anyone that graduated in June 2023 or will graduate in December 2023. For more information, click here.
Please note: Students will need to RSVP to this event separately from the SHRS Ceremony.
Invitations will be sent directly to each candidate’s PITT email soon. Information will come to students through the email address: email@example.com for the university-wide ceremony.
- Location: Petersen Events Center
- Date: Sunday, December 17, 2023
- Time: 2 p.m. (Approximate length of ceremony: 2 – 2.5 hours)
All names of candidates will be announced, and candidates will walk across the stage. Doctoral candidates will also be hooded on stage.
- Each candidate will receive electronic tickets for guests via Ticketmaster. A minimum of 4 tickets will be provided per graduate.
- Ticketmaster distribution will be in early December.
All students who plan to attend the WINTER COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY must RSVP through their personal invitation to the ceremony, which is sent via from the Office of Special Events in mid-October.
The deadline to RSVP for the ceremony is 5 p.m. on Wednesday, December 6, 2023. No late registrations will be accepted after this date and time.
April 2024 - SHRS Graduation Ceremonies
Saturday, April 27, 2024
- More information on what degrees will be invited to each ceremony and the times for a morning and mid-afternoon ceremony will be determined in the beginning of February 2024.
- Invitations will be emailed to students that will graduate in April, June and August 2024. Expect this invitation to be sent in late February 2024.
Note: The university will hold an UNDERGRADUATE ONLY Commencement on Sunday, April 28. Information for that ceremony will be sent to students by the university.
April 2023 - SHRS Graduation Ceremonies
Balfour & Co. (GradImages) has sent photo proofs to student Pitt email accounts that were in attendance for the April 2023 ceremonies.
Please direct any questions regarding the photos to Balfour & Co. Customer Service Department at (800) 261-2576, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
They have a large team of customer care representatives ready to help graduates and family members.
International students & families attending a Pitt ceremony:
OIS Fact Sheet about inviting friends/relatives to the U.S.: https://www.ois.pitt.edu/sites/default/files/docs/InvitingFriendsandRelatives.pdf
If you have any additional questions, you can contact OIS: