Why should you choose the Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Pittsburgh as your best choice for a Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree?
- Should your choice be based on the fact that Pitt’s DPT program is ranked 1st in the nation according to the U.S. News & World Report rankings?
- Should your choice be based on the fact that the Health Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh is ranked among the top five NIH funded research institutions and that many of our PT faculty is integral to the success of a number of these research studies?
- Should your choice be based on the fact that the DPT faculty are leaders in their field and publish evidence for practice that shapes how Physical Therapists provide the best care for their patients?
- Should your choice be based upon the fact that our faculty are engaging, challenging and knowledgeable instructors in their areas of expertise who provide you the theory for and application of best-practice health care principles and life-long learning?
- Should your choice be based upon the dedication of the DPT faculty to optimized clinical practice, patient-centered rehabilitative skills and the inclusion of you the student as a professional peer?
NO! You should choose the DPT program at the University of Pittsburgh because you will be able to evaluate and treat a wide variety of patients with confidence and integrity FROM DAY ONE when you start your career as a licensed Physical Therapist.
Our mission is to provide you the working knowledge and the hands-on skill set to allow you to hit the ground running from day one of your career and then participate in advancing best-practice principles as an informed professional. We prepare you to creatively apply new advances in health care policy and procedures to treat your patients at the highest level of practice.
This is leadership!