Pamela Toto is an occupational therapist with expertise in gerontology. Dr. Toto’s clinical, teaching and research interests focus on the implementation of client-centered interventions in “real world” settings to promote independence, participation and healthy aging in older adults. Her work incorporates principles of behavioral change including goal-setting and readiness for change. Specific topics of expertise and interest including frailty, physical activity, falls prevention and environmental modification. Dr. Toto is the director of the Doctor of Clinical Science in Occupational Therapy program and the post-professional Advanced Practice Certificate in Implementation of Evidence in Clinical Practice.
- Roster of Fellows, Gerontological Society of America, 2020
- Geriatrics Teacher of the Year Award (Healthcare Professional), Pennsylvania Geriatric Society, 2017
- Academic Educator Award, Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association, 2016
- Recognition of Achievement Award, American Occupational Therapy Association, 2016
- Implementation of Evidence-based Strategies to Promote Aging in Place
- Behavioral Change to Prevent, Delay and Reduce Disability in Older Adults