- Balance and dizziness in persons with vestibular disorders
- Concussion, dizziness, and balance
- The effect of personality on recovery
- The use of vibrotactile feedback on persons with vestibular disorders
- Methods of care delivery in home care physical therapy: optimizing outcomes
- Personality and balance: interactions and rehabilitation outcomes
- Wrist fractures and dizziness: Are they related?
- Development of a hand-held device for adherence in the military
- Development of a tool that can possibly predict rehab outcome in persons with vestibular disorders
Sue Whitney is the co-director of the Master of Science degree for physical therapists and is a Fellow of the American Physical Therapy Association. She holds a joint appointment in the Department of Otolaryngology. Whitney is a member of the American Physical Therapy Associations Board of Directors. Her research interests relate to persons with vestibular disorders and falls. She is particularly interested in clinically useful tools that can prognosticate or record change over time in persons with vestibular disorders plus the development of new interventions to improves people's lives who are living with inner ear problems.