The Communication Science curriculum offers students an introduction to the main career paths in Communication Science—Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology—and a depth of speech, hearing and language production courses.
Required Core Courses
- CSD 1232 - Introduction to Audiology, 3 credits*
- CSD 1230 - Introduction to Speech/Language Pathology, 3 credits*
- CSD 1101 - Introduction to Clinical Processes in Speech/Language Pathology and Audiology, 3 credits**
- CSD 1020 - Nature of Language (satisfied by LING 1000 and prerequisite for Language Development), 3 credits
- CSD 1021 - Language Development, 3 credits
- CSD 1022 - Transcription Phonetics, 3 credits
- CSD 1023 - Anatomy and Physiology of Speech w/ CSD 1027 lab (prerequisite for Speech Science), 4 credits
- CSD 1024 - Anatomy and Physiology of Hearing w/ CSD 1029 lab (prerequisite for Hearing Science), 4 credits
- CSD 1025 - Hearing Science w/ CSD 1028 lab, 4 credits
- CSD 1026- Speech Science w/ CSD 1030 lab, 4 credits
- CSD 1231 - Evaluation and Treatment of Communication Disorders, 3 credits
- CSD 1234 - Evaluation and Treatment writing practricum, 1 credit
- CSD 1233 - Introduction to Research, (satisfied by PSY 0035), 3 credits
*Can be taken in freshman or sophomore year
**Can be taken sophomore year (CSD 1232 is a pre-requisite).
Course selection and sequencing must be approved by the Director of Undergraduate Education email@example.com.