University and SHRS COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements and Information
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
Application Deadline: March 30th. Applications may be considered after the deadline if space is available.
All applicants must:
- Complete the GradCAS application.
- Submit a personal essay addressing the following:
- What you have done to learn about the field of communication science and disorders (both the science and clinical practice) in preparation for majoring in our post baccalaureate program in communication science? (maximum word count: 200 words); and,
- Communication Science is a challenging major and admission to graduate school for speech-language pathology, audiology or other health-related and science fields is very competitive. Please explain what academic and personal skills you have developed since starting college that will allow you to be successful in this major. What do you feel are the critical skills, practices and attitudes that you must continue to work on as you proceed further in your academic studies? (maximum word count: 500 words).
- Submit a resume.
- Submit transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Additional requirements for international applicants
- Academic Credential Evaluation from World Education Services (WES), Inc. or Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. A course by course evaluation with GPA conversion is required for baccalaureate degree or higher completed at an institution outside of the United States.
- English Language Proficiency scores. Minimum scores accepted:
- Duolingo: 120. Scores should be made available electronically to "University of Pittsburgh - Health and Rehabilitation Sciences".
- IELTS: 7.0. Scores should be made available electronically to "University of Pittsburgh Health and Rehabilitation Sciences". TOEFL sub-scores of 26 for speaking and 24 for listening are required.
- TOEFL: 100. Submit electronically to institution code 2927.
- A letter of recommendation is not required.
Applications may be submitted while non-CSD courses are in progress.