A highly skilled medical staff is one part of the quality health care puzzle. Another piece is accurate, reliable patient data—available at a moment’s notice and in the hands of the right practitioner—that enables doctors to make critical decisions about patient care.
A comprehensive, up-to-date health information management (HIM) system provides data where and when it is needed. HIM stands at the intersection of medicine, business management and information technology. It’s a field that is changing rapidly, as new technology makes information more accessible and keeps HIM graduates in demand.
Learn more about the expanding field of HIM, career trajectories and job outlook.
- Health Information Management (BS)
- Health Informatics Certificates
- Health Informatics (MS)
- Health Informatics Online Program Options
- Health Care Supervision & Management (MS) - This program is no longer accepting students.
- Health Information Systems (MS) - This program is no longer accepting students.
- Rehabilitation Science (PhD)
Information technology advances at a breakneck pace, and part of our job is using it appropriately and effectively to improve patient care and outcomes through HIM research.
HIM Associate Professor Valeria Watzlaf speaks as president-elect of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). HIM undergraduate student Gina captured the moment in this Snapchat Takeover while she and her classmates experienced the national convention in Florida!