Pitt's highly acclaimed Department of Occupational Therapy offers four degree programs. Our entry-level degree program is currently ranked #3 in the nation according to the latest surveys of Best Graduate Schools by U.S. News & World Report. Our faculty help shape the future of occupational therapy through research and service on national and regional professional committees and our students give back to the community by engaging in a variety of community service activities.
Message from our Department Chair
The Department of Occupational Therapy at the University of Pittsburgh is one of the leading academic departments in the profession of occupational therapy. Our advanced practice programs provide expanded education and mentoring to occupational therapy practitioners trained domestically and internationally, supporting their development as master practitioners, clinical educators, and professional leaders. Read the full message from our Department Chair.
Learn more about the role of OTs in health care.
Why Choose Pitt OT?
Aside from being highly ranked, here are some other reasons to study Occupational Therapy at Pitt!
We offer four OT degrees and a certificate:
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) (for people who want to become occupational therapists)
- Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) (only for candidates with a Pitt Freshman OT Guarantee who began studies in Fall of 2013, 2014, 2015, or 2016)
- Advanced Practice Certificate - Online (for occupational therapists to develop advanced skills for implementing evidence into real-world practice)
- Master of Science (MS) in Occupational Therapy (a post professional program for occupational therapists seeking advanced knowledge and skills at a Masters level)
- Doctor of Clinical Science in Occupational Therapy (CScD) - Online (for occupational therapists seeking advanced knowledge and skills at a Clinical Doctorate level)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Rehabilitation Science (PhD) (for people who want to develop advanced skills as researchers in occupational therapy)
The University of Pittsburgh has leading occupational therapy researchers looking for answers to guide OT practice.
Our students become leaders through community service and scholarly activities.
Pitt OT offers several regularly scheduled continuing education courses.
Visit Pitt OT anytime from anywhere through our virtual videos!