Welcome to the EM program! If you are a student enrolling in the junior year of the program, you will need to follow the directions below to complete your Act 73 Fingerprint Clearance.
Act 73 Fingerprint Clearance
Act 73 amended Title 23, Pa. C.S. Chapter 63 (relating to the Child Protective Services Law), specifically § 6344 requires that as of July 1, 2008, any prospective employee of a childcare service or individuals applying for employment with a significant likelihood of regular contact with children must obtain a fingerprint-based FBI background check prior to approval.
Federal (FBI) Criminal History Report
Pennsylvania now uses IdentoGO for fingerprinting services. The fingerprint-based background check is a multiple-step process:
Please visit uenroll.identogo.com to begin this process.
- Once at this website, you will be required to enter a Service Code to get started.
- Please use Service Code: 1KG756
- This code is used for employment for persons greater than 14 years of age who have contact with children. We use this code, as you will be able to use your clearance for employment, should you choose.
- After you enter your service code you will be directed to a series of screens asking for your information. Please enter your contact information.
- At some point you will be asked for your employer. You may leave this blank by clicking next.
- Provide all requested information.
- When finished you will have the option to locate an IdentoGO location. The closest location on campus is the UPS Store.
- Schedule a date and time for fingerprinting.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- Report at your date and time with the appropriate documentation and payment.
- Once you have been fingerprinted IdentoGo will provide you with your results.