The Department of Physician Assistant Studies' mission calls us to serve the communities of our school, city and the world. Our students, staff, and faculty participate in various community and professional service activities.
Some examples of these services include:
- Supporting the Homewood community by volunteering at the SHRS Wellness Pavilion, a part of the University of Pittsburgh Community Engagement Center
- Volunteer service by all our students, including the fundraising events and activities of our PA Student Society as well as regional and national non-profit, humanitarian organizations
- Engaged service as members and officers in professional PA organizations, including the Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants
- Active volunteer service by staff and faculty as members and officers that support numerous University initiatives and committees as well as local, regional, national and international organizations, including:
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Association of Standardized Patient Educators
- Canadian Association of Physician Assistants - Association canadienne des adjoints au médecin
- International Academy of Physician Associate Educators
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
- National Society of Black Physician Assistants
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistant Education Association
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare
Click here to see how Pitt SHRS is involved in the local community.