Graduation is not an automatic process, you must submit a Graduation Application. See deadlines below for the term in which you are graduating. Please turn them in to Student Services on the fourth floor of Forbes Tower.
If you are not on campus you can email your Graduation Application to Courtney Fleck at email@example.com , or you can fax it to us at 412-383-6535. Once it has been processed you will receive an email from Debby to confirm. If you do not receive an email within 2-3 business days, please contact Courtney to make sure she received it.
It is the responsibility of the student to note any minors or certificates when submitting his or her Graduation Application to Student Services. See the instructions following the important deadlines listed below.
Please refer to the deadlines below for submitting a Graduation Application to SHRS.
Graduation Application Deadlines
SHRS April 2019 Graduation Application Deadlines: (Graduation Term - 2194)
- April graduates will submit a Graduation Application starting on September 24th
- Final date to submit an application is November.9th.
SHRS June 2019 Graduation Application Deadlines: (Graduation Term - 2197)
- June graduation is reserved for OT students and exceptions are approved by the Dean's Office. The OT Department will collect all Graduation Applications by January 12. Any other student wishing to graduate in June will need to contact Student Services Director/Registrar Kellie Beach for approval.
SHRS August 2019 Graduation Application Deadlines: (Graduation Term - 2197)
- August graduates will submit a Graduation Application in early May.
- Any application received after June 4th will incur a late fee.
- Final date to submit an application is August 3rd.
SHRS December 2019 Graduation Application Deadlines: (Graduation Term - 2201)
- December Graduates will submit a Graduation Application starting the end of July.
- Final date to submit an application is November 8th.
Please turn Graduation Applications into student services on the fourth floor of Forbes Tower. If you are not on campus you can email your Graduation application to Courtney Fleck at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can fax it to us at 412-383-6535.
- The address you include on the application, must be where you want your diploma sent after you graduate. If you are unsure you may put in a family or friends address.
- Once your form has been processed by Student Services you will receive an email confirmation from Courtney Fleck. If you do not receive an email within 2-3 business days, please contact Courtney to make sure she received it.
Certificates Received at SHRS
If you're receiving an SHRS certificate, please note this on the SHRS Graduation Application in order to receive it. Please make this note in the top margin of your Graduation Application.
Certificates received at another school require a separate Graduation Application.
If you are graduating with an ARTS & SCIENCE CERTIFICATE you need to complete a separate Graduation Application for A&S. Go to the A&S Office in 140 Thackeray to complete this form.
The deadline to apply for a certificate at A&S:
- April 2019 Graduates - application will be available starting Oct. 29th and due back to A&S no later than Nov. 8th.
- August 2019 Graduates - application will be available starting Feb.11th and due back to A&S no later than March 22nd.
- December 2019 Graduates - application will be available starting March 25th and due back to A&S no later than July 8th.
If you have any question regarding your certificate and application deadlines at A&S, please email Lisa Machi in A&S: email@example.com.
Minors at another School should be included on SHRS Grad App.
If you are receiving a minor at another School please make a note of it in the top margin of your Graduation Application. We will include it on your SHRS application.
Dual degrees are not included on SHRS Grad App.
If you are completing a dual degree at another School, you must apply for graduation at that School with a separate Graduation Application. Please contact the other School for instructions and deadlines.
The address that you put on the Graduation Application should be where you want your diploma sent after you graduate. Please do not use a temporary address. If your address is going to change after you apply for graduation, please contact Courtney Fleck at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the necessary adjustments.
NOTE: Your name on your Graduation Application must be identical to the way it appears on the University's student information system. You will be required to provide legal documentation to change your name. The acceptable documentation is a birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, formal court order or a valid passport.
Please do not wait to apply for graduation and pay a fee even if you are not sure that you will graduate. There is no cost to decline your Graduation Application for a specific term. If you are declined graduation, you will simply reapply the next term with a new Graduation Application.
If you are completing a master's thesis or dissertation, please visit the Doctoral/Master Thesis web page for instructions on the ETD process. Please email Courtney Fleck at email@example.com to obtain your ETD packet.