On behalf of the Dean’s Office, Student Services welcomes you to the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (SHRS).
My name is Kellie Beach and I am the Director of Student Services and Registrar for SHRS. I am also the Ombudsperson (The Ombudsperson assists students with resolving conflicts and issues that arise in the course of their education and training that they believe have not or cannot be addressed within their academic department.. Click here for more information on my role as the Ombudsperson. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 383-6554.
You can also contact anyone on the Student Services staff:
- Lori Kieffer, Student Services Coordinator at email@example.com or (412) 383-6551.
- Leland Clark, Executive Director of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-383-3990
- Courtney Fleck, Administrator for Student Services, at email@example.com or (412) 624- 6538 - (handles all PHD and Master Thesis Student questions)
Let’s get started:
We’ve made our orientation interactive with our website for your convenience. The following links have been provided for you to view everything you need to help you succeed here at SHRS. Please click on each link and familiarize yourself with this information. After you’ve reviewed all the links below you are required to complete the Mandatory New Student Survey, Orientation Acknowledgement and Photo Permission Form stating that you have done so.
USERNAME & PASSWORD:
New SHRS Students will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours after you are admitted into the PeopleSoft system. If you have not received it within 72 hours of being admitted, please check your spam folders. If you are still have not received the notification email, please contact the Technology Help Desk at 412-624-HELP .
More information on New Student Account Activation can be found here: University Computing Accounts and Account Management
Click on the following links to familiarize yourself with where you can find information on the SHRS Website.
Links found under Student Life page:
- Academic Policies
- Student Handbooks
- SHRS Social Media Policy
- Counseling Services
- Scholarships & Funding
- Doctoral Defense & Masters Thesis
- Travel Grants
- Student Groups
- Undergraduates - Graduating with Honors Criteria
- Recognition Day & Commencement
- Forbes Tower Building Hours
Finding your way around Campus
When Can I get My ID
Registered students are eligible for cards one month prior to the start of a given term (for Spring - December 1, for Summer - April 1 and for Fall - August 1). More information is available at the Panther Central Site.
Here is the link to pre-submit your ID photos: https://www.pc.pitt.edu/panther-card/pre-submit-your-panther-card-photo
People Soft Information
Find your People Soft ID (Remember this number, you will use it on all correspondence with the University):
Directions for Students to Locate PeopleSoft ID:
1. Open a web browser and visit my.pitt.edu.
2. Login with your user name and password.
3. Click on the link PittPAY Login at the right of the screen.
4. Your seven-digit PeopleSoft ID number will appear directly next to your name at the top left of the page (below the Pitt seal) in the gold band.
Once you receive your student ID card, your PeopleSoft ID numberwill be listed at the bottom right of the card.
Updating your Personal Contact & User Identity and Account Information In PeopleSoft:
If your mailing or home address changes, it is important that you update it immediately. Failure to change an address may result in not receiving University mailings. If you are a current student, you can update your address by logging onto the Student Services Portal. Click on Student Center Login > Self Service > Campus Personal Information > Addresses. Choose the address type, click "Edit" and enter your new address.
Some students have multiple home addresses, so a new address type entitled "Home 2" has been created. Students choosing to use this feature should maintain the "Home 2" address just as they do the "Home" address. If you are no longer enrolled, you can still make changes to your information by mailing or faxing the changes to:
University of Pittsburgh
Office of the University Registrar
G-3 Thackeray Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
You can also make address changes in person in G-3 Thackeray Hall.
Social Security Numbers for Financial Aid
Providing your Social Security number for admission is optional; however it is required for financial aid purposes. If you applied to SHRS via ApplyYourself and opted not to include your SSN OR you applied to SHRS for the Doctor of Audiology, Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies (MS), Prosthetics and Orthotics (MS) or Speech Language Pathology (MA/MS) using a centralized application service (CAS) application see these instructions on how to provide your Social Security number to the University of Pittsburgh.
You can also send either a copy of the Social Security card or fill out a W-9S form and send it to email@example.com. The registrar's staff is well trained to work with the students to obtain this information.
Student Billing Information (PittPay) & Tuition & Fees
Other University Offices
- University Counseling Services
- Resolve Crisis Services - Offered through UPMC
- Student Health Services
- Student Health Insurance
- Check out other Resources at the bottom of our home page.
- Prepare for Pitt: Your IT Checklist
- PITT Student Technology Overview - IT Resources for Pitt Students
- Let's do IT | Information Technology
- "Computer Ergonomics for U" Video Series
- Student University Technology Services
- Student SHRS Technology Support
Learning Resource Center
4011 Forbes Tower (SHRS Computing labs are open only to SHRS students)
Hours: Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Students are encouraged to use the computers in the Learning Resource Center, as the 6th floor lab is heavily scheduled for classes. Multimedia and accessible computers are to be vacated as precedence is given to users who require the specific features of these stations.
The Anthony and Filomena Pascasio Learning Resource Center (LRC) is a multi-purpose lab dedicated in 1996 by Anne Pascasio, PhD, the founding and former Dean of SHRS. The Learning Resource Center (room 4011) contains additional public computers, accessible computer workstations and low vision workstations. A University Self Service Printer Station is located in the LRC and a 2nds Printer Station is located in the 4th floor student lounge area.
All SHRS classrooms and conference rooms are equipped with a computer, laptop hookup, display system, and network access. Please insure you turn OFF the data projectors or flatscreen TVs in order to prolong life.
Reserving Classrooms and Conference Rooms
Classroom/Conference room reservations can only be made online by SHRS Faculty and Staff. All rooms in Forbes Tower must be reserved via the online system.
Keep our Classrooms Clean and Orderly
Please do your part to keep our classrooms clean and orderly.
- There is to be NO FOOD or DRINK in any of the classrooms
- Please return chairs to original positions at the end of class
- Do not under any circumstances move chairs from one classroom to the other.
- Accessible computer workstations are available in the Learning Resource Center 4011.
- Accessible instructor stations are available in rooms 4014, 4015, 4016, 4017, 4060, 4065, 5047, 5068, 5073, 6012, 6045 and 6081
- Low vision computer stations are available in room 4011.
Now that you have finished viewing all these important links and you have read through the information, you will need to complete your orientation by completing the SHRS New Student Survey, Orientation Acknowledgement and Photo Permission Form. The form will need to be completed by the first day of classes of your admitted term.
Mandatory Online Form