- University Office of Admissions and Financial Aid (OAFA)
- Graduate School Financial Aid
- Federal Work Study
- PA Tuition Rate Eligibility
Be sure to reapply now for the 2023-2024 academic year now! Studentaid.gov - The new 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now available!
Pitt Federal School code – 008815
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
University of Pittsburgh
139 University Place, Thackeray Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (Monday- Friday)
Providing your social security number to the University of Pittsburgh in your application for admission is optional. Some SHRS graduate applications do not ask prospective students for their SSN. However, please be advised that you must provide your SSN to the University of Pittsburgh if you are completing the FAFSA or expecting a 1098-T to submit to the IRS for tuition-related expenses. Please click here for information on how to provide your SSN to the University of Pittsburgh if your application does not give you the option to include it with submission.
Student employment opportunities are available to students not eligible for Federal Work Study.
International students are also eligible to work on campus. Please find additional information on the Office of International Services (OIS) website.
SHRS Financial Information
Matriculated SHRS students at the graduate and undergraduate level have the opportunity to apply for the following scholarships and financial award opportunities. Some awards are offered through the University, others are schoolwide and some are program-specific.
- Schoolwide Scholarships
- Best Colleges - Minority Student Scholarships and Aid
- STEPS (Student Training & Education in Public Service) Scholarships & Resources for Minority Students
- Athletic Training, Sports Medicine and Nutrition
- Communication Science and Disorders
- Emergency Medicine
- Health Information Management
- Occupational Therapy
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Scholarship Information Page
- Rehabilitation Science and Technology (Prosthetics & Orthotics, Rehabilitation Counseling)
Pitt Alumni Association Scholarships
The Pitt Alumni Association manages multiple scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
Honors College Scholarships
The University Honors College advises undergraduates, seniors, and alumni who are interested in pursuing national and international awards. These opportunities both recognize past accomplishments and give students enriching educational experiences beyond the classroom. The UHC provides guidance and support on scholarship, fellowship, and grant competitions.
Army ROTC Scholarships
Whether you're a college-bound high school student or already attending a college or university, Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded based on a student's merit and grades, not financial need.
The makers of Tylenol will award $250,000 in scholarships to students pursuing careers in healthcare. Tylenol believes investing in America’s next generation of healthcare providers is every bit as crucial as researching and developing more effective medicines. Scholarship ranging from $5,000 - $10,000 will be awarded to 40 outstanding students based on leadership qualities and academic performance.
The 2022-2023 application is now open for the Jewish Scholarship Service of Greater Pittsburgh. Scholarship awards are distributed on the basis of demonstrated financial need. Depending upon the scholarship fund, considerations such as academic achievement, field of study, and Jewish and general community engagement contribute toward eligibility. In addition, applicants must be Jewish and reside in Allegheny, Westmoreland, Beaver, Butler or Washington County for at least two years. The deadline is February 24. Click the above link for application information. This scholarship is offered annually in February.
PittFund$Me connects you with real, relevant scholarships. Current Pitt students can access PittFund$Me by following this process:
- Login to your MyPitt account and search for PittFund$Me. Select the icon and you will be directed to your Student Dashboard.
- Once in the system, you will be asked a series of basic questions that will match you to scholarship opportunities from the University of Pittsburgh and outside organizations (all external scholarships have been fully vetted for legitimacy so that you can apply confidently).
- The more questions you answer, the more scholarships you can be matched to (you will only see Pitt scholarships when they are open and if they require an application).
- For matched scholarships, click the Apply button to be navigated to the external organization’s website where you can submit your application.
You’ll be able to manage all of your applications in your personalized dashboard, and Pitt will post alerts for new scholarships that might be interesting to you.
Learn more here.
Search for a Scholarship
Cost of Living in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh has been recently named one of the most affordable cities in the US! View a comparison with other major cities across the country.