SHRS Graduate Students
SHRS graduate students have two sources of travel grant funds:
- SHRS PHD Students Travel Grant Program.
- Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) Travel Grant Program
- Please refer to the GPSG Travel Grant website for additional information and the Electronic Approval form and TB Expense Form
- Both programs are funded through a portion of the graduate student activity fee, and provide funds to reimburse students for travel expenses. (Funds are not disbursed prior to the dates of travel).
- Students may seek funds from both programs for a single travel event.
- Students may receive a maximum of one grant from each program per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) based on the dates of travel.
- Funding in both programs is limited, and is awarded on a first come-first served basis.
Please contact the SHRS Student Advisory Board at email@example.com if you have questions about travel grants.
Comparison of SHRS and GPSG Travel Grant Programs
Who administers the travel grant program?
SHRS: Student Advisory Board (SAB) Executive Board
GPSG: University of Pittsburgh Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) Executive Committee
Who is eligible to apply?
SHRS: PHD students currently enrolled at SHRS (see application for further details)
GPSG: All currently-enrolled University of Pittsburgh graduate students
When can I submit my application?
SHRS: Up to 60 days PRIOR to travel (due to limited funding no applications will be accepted after conference attendance)
GPSG: Within 60 days of return (applications NOT accepted prior to travel)
How much money is awarded for each grant?
GSPG: $100-200 (Grant amounts depend on the type of event-see application for details)
Is travel within Allegheny Co. eligible for travel grant reimbursement?