Main Content:

Academic Calendar Dates/Deadlines: 

 University Academic Calendar

Course Catalog:

Pitt Mobile

Enrollment Information:

Students: PeopleSoft/HighPoint CX User Guide

Enrollment Process 

Academic holds are now lifted by your Departments. Please check with your Department Administrators on their procedures.

Cross Registration with other institutions using the (PCHE form) Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education

If you are considering cross registering for a course at another institution, using the PCHE (Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education) system, you must complete the updated  PCHE Cross Registration Form

The deadline for submitting a PCHE form to the SHRS Student Affairs office, is 2 weeks prior to the beginning of the spring or fall term. (due to holiday - Spring term forms must be submitted prior to Holiday break)


  1. Before submitting this form, please review the course with your advisor for approval. Advisor Signature will be required.
  2. Enrollment is limited to one class per semester/term. (fall and spring only - Cross registration does not apply to summer semesters/terms)
  3. Any full-time student enrolled at a Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education (PCHE) school may cross register. Approved schools are listed on the form.
  4. The form must be typed and printed before submitting.
  5. You must be enrolled as a full-time student at Pitt before your PCHE course is processed (Fulltime is Undergrad 12-18 credits, Graduate 9-15 credits)  You must maintain your fulltime status after PCHE is approved. 
    • If you do not exceed the maximum credits of full-time status, you will not be charged any additional tuition.
  6. Applying to cross-register does not guarantee enrollment in the requested course at the host institution.  If successful, you will be notified of your enrollment by the host institution. 
  7. It is HIGHLY recommended that students do not cross register in their term of graduation, as end of term does not always match up with Pitt and could hold up your graduation.
  8. Pitt students applying to cross-register at other PCHE institutions should refer to the host institution's latest mandates and guidelines for attending in-person classes as related to the COVID-19 pandemic before applying to cross-register.  

Completed forms must be submitted to home dean (Student Affairs Office 4044 Forbes Tower, or emailed to the SHRS Registrar, Kellie Beach at ) for processing.  Upon approval it will be submitted to the home registrar (main Pitt Registrar at Thackeray), and host registrar.

Click here for full instructions on completing the form.


FTDI (Full Time Dissertation Study)  FTDI 0000

Students must be finished taking all coursework before beginning to enroll in FTDI and will then remain enrolled as FTDI until graduation. FTDI is 0 credits but students are considered full time and pay $925 for the academic term (tuition rate of $500 + $425 fees).

permission number is required to enroll in FTDI. Please have your advisor email Courtney Fleck at to grant you permission.