Find SHRS Recognition Day and University Commencement information below. (Click here for information on applying for graduation).
If you have any questions regarding graduation, please contact Director of Student Services/Registrar Kellie Beach at email@example.com.
December 2019 - SHRS Fall Recognition Ceremony
Pending date is Saturday, December 14, 2019.
Please check back for updated information in August.
SHRS Recognition Day - Pending date, Saturday, April 25, 2020
SHRS will hold its own graduation (Recognition) ceremonies (undergraduate & graduate) on Saturday, April 25, 2020 at Soldiers & Sailors, followed by a dessert reception after each ceremony in the Cathedral Commons. These ceremonies are for students that graduated in April 2020, June 2020, & August 2020 (August graduates also have the option of attending in December 2020).
Watch your Pitt email in mid-February for your invitation with instructions on how to RSVP (RSVP means your intention of attendance).
When you receive your invitation, please do not ignore it! It is mandatory that you RSVP, even if you do not plan on attending.
NOTE: There will be a ticket limit per student for these ceremonies. Tickets per student will be determined in February 2020.
- No tickets are required for graduating students or guests under the age of 2.
- We will NOT have a waitlist for additional tickets. Therefore, please do not call or email Student Services regarding additional tickets.
- Tickets will be emailed to you at the beginning of April and will need to be printed out and given to your guests in order for them to enter Soldiers & Sailors.
- Student Services will refer all calls from family or friends of graduating students regarding Recognition Day to our web site or to the student to give them information.
- Included with your invitation will be additional information on regalia, directions, parking, and accessibility.
REGALIA (Cap, Gown, & Hood):
Regalia is mandatory to participate in the SHRS Recognition Day ceremonies and University Commencement. The University will hold Graduation Central in April, for you to pick up everything you will need for the big day! If you cannot make it during one of those days, you will be able to order and pick up regalia from the University Bookstore.
LIVESTREAMING ON FACEBOOK:
We will livestream the ceremonies on our SHRS Facebook page. Click here to access this page. Please share the link with your family and friends!
CEREMONY DETAILS:(Pending for 2020)
Graduate Ceremony: Doors will open at 8:30 a.m.
Students must be in the line-up area by 9:15 a.m.
The ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end around 10:45 a.m.
A reception will follow at the Cathedral Commons until noon.
Keynote Speaker: TBD
Undergraduate Ceremony: Doors will open at 12:30 p.m.
Students must be in the line-up area by 1:00 p.m.
The ceremony will begin at 1:30 p.m. and end around 2:45 p.m.
A reception will follow at the Cathedral Commons until 4 p.m.
Keynote Speaker: TBD
April 2020 - University of Pittsburgh Commencement Convocation
The University will hold its own commencement convocation for the entire University of Pittsburgh campus at the Petersen Events Center.
There will be a ceremony for graduate and professional students and one for undergraduate students that graduated in August & December 2019 and April & June 2020.
- The annual Graduate Commencement Convocation - Pending day & times - Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
- The annual Undergraduate Commencement Convocation - Pending day & times - Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
No tickets are required and guests are unlimited.