Find SHRS Recognition Day and University Commencement information below. (Click here for information on applying for graduation).
If you have any questions regarding graduation or Recognition day, please contact the Student Services Coordinator, Jordan Ulrich at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of Student Services/Registrar, Kellie Beach at email@example.com.
SHRS Recognition Day - Saturday, April 25, 2020
SHRS will hold its own graduation (Recognition) ceremonies (undergraduate & graduate) on Saturday, April 25, 2020 at Soldiers & Sailors, followed by a dessert reception after each ceremony in the Cathedral Commons. These ceremonies are for students that graduated in April 2020, June 2020, & August 2020 (August graduates also have the option of attending in December 2020).
Watch your Pitt email in mid-February for your invitation with instructions on how to RSVP (RSVP means your intention of attendance).
When you receive your invitation, please do not ignore it! It is mandatory that you RSVP, even if you do not plan on attending.
There will be a ticket limit per student for these ceremonies. Ticket count per student will be determined in February 2020. (Approx. 6-7 tickets per student).
- No tickets are required for graduating students or guests under the age of 2.
- We will NOT have a waitlist for additional tickets. Therefore, please do not call or email Student Services regarding additional tickets.
- Tickets will be emailed to you at the beginning of April and will need to be printed out and given to your guests in order for them to enter Soldiers & Sailors.
- Student Services will refer all calls from family or friends regarding tickets to the graduating student or to this website.
REGALIA (Cap, Gown, & Hood):
Regalia is mandatory to participate in the SHRS Recognition Day ceremonies and University Commencement. The University will hold Graduation Central on April 14th & 15th in the Connolly Ballroom in Alumni Hall, 4227 Fifth Ave, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., for you to purchase and pick up everything you will need for the big day!
If you cannot make it during one of those days, you will be able to order and pick up regalia from the University Bookstore.
- PHD students NOT be hooded at the SHRS cermony. They will only be hooded at the University Commencement on Thursday evening at the Petersen Event Center - see information below on Commencement.
- All other Doctoral students will be hooded on stage by their department at the SHRS ceremony.
Paid parking is available on the street or in the parking garage located under Soldiers & Sailors. Click here for more information.
SEATING AND ACCESSIBILITY:
Seats are on a first-come first-serve basis. Seats on the first floor are accessible for guests that cannot go up to the balcony seats. Accessible bathrooms are located on the 3rd floor by taking the elevator.
If you have any guests with physical disabilities, you may enter the hall via the ramp and the accessible entrance is located on the University Place side of the building (left side looking from Fifth Avenue). An Accessible Drop Off Area is also located on the University Place side of the building via the employee parking lot. Guests may be dropped off here but NO parking will be permitted in the employee parking lot. We will have staff there to assist.
- Due to freshman move out day from University Place, some road restrictions will be in place.
LIVESTREAMING ON FACEBOOK:
We will livestream the ceremonies on our SHRS Facebook page. Please share the link with your family and friends!
Graduate Ceremony: Doors will open at 8:30 a.m.
Students must be in the line-up area by 9:15 a.m.
The ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end around 10:45 a.m.
A reception will follow at the Cathedral Commons until noon.
Jim Grant, President of ēlizur
Undergraduate Ceremony: Doors will open at 12:30 p.m.
Students must be in the line-up area by 1:00 p.m.
The ceremony will begin at 1:30 p.m. and end around 2:45 p.m.
A reception will follow at the Cathedral Commons until 4 p.m.
Susan George, PT, DPT, MS, OCS, WCS
Board Certified Specialist, Orthopedics
Board Certified Specialist, Women’s Health
Director, Women’s Rehab and Men’s Health
UPMC Centers for Rehab Services
April 2020 - University of Pittsburgh Commencement Convocation
The University will hold its own commencement convocation for the entire University of Pittsburgh campus at the Petersen Events Center.
There will be a ceremony for graduate and professional students and one for undergraduate students that graduated in August & December 2019 and April & June 2020.
- The annual Graduate Commencement Convocation - Pending day & times - Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
- The annual Undergraduate Commencement Convocation - Pending day & times - Sunday, April 26, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
No tickets are required and guests are unlimited.